Platform engineer with 10+ years of experience in software development (backend/API focused), 5+ years in infrastructure automation and DevOps, hobbyist security analyst and tester. An avid fan of automation, sustainability, design patterns, and clean code. Always interested in deriving a better problem-solving method for challenging tasks, and learning sensible new technologies and tools (when the need arises).
Feb. 2022 - Aug. 2022
Worked as part of the Engineering Enablement team, who provides infrastructure, internal tooling, docs, CloudFoundry platform, and Kubernetes clusters, to help the development teams with their daily tasks and provide them with a nice UX. These included:
- Workin on internal (halfpipe) tooling for building CI/CD pipelines on Github actions and Concourse.
- Implementing reusable GitHub Actions workflows for deploying to CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, and Docker Registries.
- Implementing tooling to show and report Kubernetes deployment status (from CI/CD) to respective teams.
- Implementing alert-routing service, to integrate with Prometheus alert-manager, and sending alerts to different teams/projects, and preconfigured communication channels.
- Maintaining the team docs used by other development teams, to integrate with and use internal platforms.
- Maintaining terraform-provisioned infrastructure.
Apr. 2018 - Nov. 2021
- Implemented infrastructure as code (IaC) for different projects using Terraform and Ansible.
- Standardized the deployment process (and maintained the process documentation).
- Built templates to provision infrastructure on different cloud providers and development stages.
- Built standardized workflows using CircleCI to automate deployments (for internal and external projects).
- Implemented and maintained the (Rails 5) JSON API serving our infographics portal.
- Maintained 99+% documentation coverage of the infographics portal. API and 90+% test coverage.
- Worked with Docker to provide deliverables for some of our external projects.
- Provided support and tutoring to work with our standard deployment workflows (internally and externally).
- Worked closely with our Systems Engineer to support with various DevOps tasks.
- Rewrote, maintained and provisioned some of the data pipelines to adhere to a better security standards.
Senior Backend Developer
Mar. 2016 - Dec. 2017
- Maintained the RESTful API (used by admins and front-end).
- Implemented and maintained the integration with Deutsche Bank.
- Implemented and maintained the integration with Intercom CRM.
- Implemented and maintained the Invoicing system.
- Implemented the new authentication layer using (RFC7519: JWT).
- Implemented the Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for user/client login.
- Integrated other services like DocuSign, PostIdent,...
- Implemented day to day business/marketing/technical requirements.
Full Stack Developer
Jul. 2015 - Feb. 2016
- Maintained the Rails web (dashboard) app.
- Optimized the scraping process of getting the data from Apple and GooglePlay stores.
- Reimplemented the scraping process completely to be 8-10 times faster.
- Reimplemented the queueing and monitoring around the scrapers for stability.
- Migrated acquired data from different resources to Google BigQuery.
- Maintained and provisioned different purpose VM instances on Google Cloud Platform (using chef).
May. 2013 - Jul. 2015
- Implemented the test suite for the API.
- Implemented events booking feature via Stripe.
- Reimplemented caching for better response times.
- Maintained the Heroku stacks for staging/production.
- Reimplemented large portions of the API to follow design patterns.