Platform engineer at Springer Nature Group with
10+ years of experience in software development (backend/API focused),
5+ years in infrastructure automation and DevOps,
hobbyist security analyst and tester.
An avid fan of automation, sustainability, design patterns, and clean code.
Always interested in deriving a better problem-solving method for challenging tasks,
and learning sensible new technologies and tools (when the need arises).
Feb. 2022 - Present
Part of the Engineering Enablement team, that enables product teams to focus on
delivering value to the business.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS) with centralised services like
logging, metrics, CI/CD and caching.
- CloudFoundry platform capable of handling an average of 13.000 requests/min.
- CloudFoundary and Kubernetes clusters with around 2.800 apps (Micro-Services).
- Concourse pipelines that handle an average of 4.000 deployments/week.
- Internal tooling around building pipelines for CI/CD on Concourse and GitHub actions.
- Prometheus as a Service, and pre-configured customizable Grafana dashboards for developers to use.
- Logging via ELK/Loki and logging metrics.
- Implementing solutions for cloud services, focusing on high availability, security,
disaster recovery, scaling and performance.
Apr. 2018 - Nov. 2021
Implemented infrastructure as code (IaC) for different projects using Terraform and Ansible.
- Standardized the deployment process (and maintained the process documentation).
- Built templates to provision infrastructure on different cloud providers and development stages.
Built standardized workflows using CircleCI to automate deployments (for internal and external projects).
Implemented and maintained the (Rails 5) JSON API serving our
Maintained 99+% documentation coverage of the
infographics portal API and 90+% test coverage.
- Worked with Docker to provide deliverables for some of our external projects.
Provided support and tutoring to work with our standard deployment workflows (internally and externally).
- Worked closely with our Systems Engineer to support with various DevOps tasks.
Rewrote, maintained and provisioned some of the data pipelines to adhere to a better security standards.
Senior Backend Developer
Mar. 2016 - Dec. 2017
- Maintained the RESTful API (used by admins and front-end).
- Implemented and maintained the integration with Deutsche Bank.
Implemented and maintained the integration with Intercom
- Implemented and maintained the Invoicing system.
Implemented the new authentication layer using
- Implemented the Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for user/client login.
- Integrated other services like DocuSign, PostIdent,...
- Implemented day to day business/marketing/technical requirements.
Full Stack Developer
Jul. 2015 - Feb. 2016
Was acquired by Airnow Data Ltd.
- Maintained the Rails web (dashboard) app.
- Optimized the scraping process of getting the data from Apple and GooglePlay stores.
- Reimplemented the queueing and monitoring around the scrapers.
- Migrated acquired data from different resources to Google BigQuery.
Maintained and provisioned different purpose VM instances on Google
Cloud Platform (using chef).
Reimplemented the “Extract” step in the
ETL process (using an API based crawler instead of phantomJS
May. 2013 - Jul. 2015
Reimplemented large portions of the API to follow better design patterns
(Hexagonal Architecture, and Pub/Sub pattern).
- Implemented the test suite for the API.
- Implemented events booking feature via Stripe.
- Reimplemented caching for better response times.
- Maintained the Heroku stacks for staging/production.